About Us

It started with a email and a dream. Three friends came together after having their own reasons for going natural, to formulate a platform for empowering women to embrace their Natural Beauty. With hundreds of emails and tons of research between them, they had a vision to make their dream become a reality. Thus, The Natural Is… Group was formed and an amazing event soon followed. The Natural Is... blog empowers women to embrace their natural beauty and is a resource to promote and encourage quality healthy hair care. We do so, by enlisting the help of the best experts in the business to help drive home the message that Natural Is Beautiful!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Natural Is…Not Perfect!


Ok so ladies, so many times we are constantly asked about how to achieve the “perfect” curl. Looking back someone once stated “My mom told me my hair used to be curly when I was a kid, so why won’t it curl. My hair looks just like Brillo.” Yes, when many women go natural, at times they feel their hair isn’t “good” enough if it’s not the perfect curl pattern and sadly sometimes they cave or decide to heat straighten permanently. But really what is the perfect curl pattern and why is it that some women just can’t get their hair to curl? We have theory’s…
               
               As we all know we come in different colors shapes and sizes, not to mention backgrounds, nationalities and so on. Sometimes these, along with genes, play a part in what hair texture we possess. Does that make it a good thing or a bad thing? Well, first and foremost we will always say, it’s a VERY GOOD thing! The hair that you possess no matter what “Type” or texture it is makes it the perfect curl! If we all had a looser curl pattern or our hair slightly contained more sebum and keratin would that make us look better? The fact of the matter is, we were created differently and we all have so many intrinsic qualities that we were born with; our hair is just one of them. If you have kinkier hair its PERFECT the way it is, there’s no need to hide it. If you have Coily hair its PERFECT the way it is. A friend of ours, Taren916 from Youtube once said “There’s no such thing as the perfect curl. Whatever my hair is doing that day, even if it’s out of place, its good frizz.”
                
                If you’re a recent big chopper or transitioning, note that your hair is in a state where it is CRAVING moisture. I know for me personally when I big chopped, I had to wear my twa picked out, all 2 inches of it. Why you may ask, because naturally if your hair is of a kinkier texture the moisture that you get from product, water etc. doesn’t travel all the way to the ends. So sometimes we need to give it a little bit of help by just picking it out. Your hair goes through a shock process. For years it’s been chemically altered. Therefore, moisturizing with the right products along with sealing, trims and so forth will help your hair to get back to optimal health and you will start to see your REAL curl pattern.
                 
               So Naturals, Transitioners, Big Chopper and those contemplating going natural, ALWAYS remember You’re Beautiful no matter what.

Smooches!!!

3 comments:

  1. I used to tell people I was having a bad hair day. One natural told me you never have a bad hair day with natutal hair. I totally agree if my hair didn't come out in the style I want I can throw it in a pony tail a puff or do a wash and go. I love my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TINYZ ZARZEN SPECTOR WITH ZARZEN SPECTOR WITH
    TINYZ ZARZEN SPECTOR WITH ZARZEN fallout 76 black titanium SPECTOR WITH titanium framing hammer ZARZEN SPECTOR WITH ZARZEN burnt titanium SPECTOR WITH micro hair trimmer ZARZEN SPECTOR WITH ZARZEN SPECTOR WITH ZARZEN SPECTOR WITH bet365

    ReplyDelete